Rediscovering the 'Me' in 'Mumeeeeeee'

'I have always thought that there is no more fruitful source of family discontent than a housewife’s badly-cooked dinners and untidy ways'. (Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, 1861)

December 4, 2010

A Mother's Lament


(to be sung to the tune of 'These are a Few of My Favourite Things' from 'The Sound of Music').

Snotty, wet noses and scrapes from my kitten
Dark, windy mornings and getting fingers in mittens
Fussing, complaining and having a good whinge
These are a few of my favorite things

Kids who are moany, walls covered with doodles
Dora The Explorer and uneaten chicken noodles
Small boys who cry when their brother takes their things
These are a few of my favorite things

Boys in their dress ups which ends up with bashes
Hurricanes in November and men with moustaches
Febreze and Dettol, panty liners with wings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the kids fight
When the bin stinks
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feeeeeeeeeeeeeel so bad.



Share/Save/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. Oh superb! Really made me laugh. I should learn these words and sing them at my kids. In front of their friends. That'll teach them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing out loud! Especially at the panty-liners with wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I could probably come up with a couple of verses of my own too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic. Laughed throughout and now I can't get that bloody tune out of my head!!

    BTW, I came over from your link at Pink Fibro, but the link didn't work, so here I am. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. same as Maxabella. link didn't work, but I stll found you.

    Love this song - it's hilarious x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really needed a laugh this morning! Love it XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, but I am still singing the ketcup one from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick, quick, go and record that song. I am sure you'll make the Christmas #1 hit this year...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a camera secreted away in our homes? ;-)
    I was going to say that verse 2 is relevant but on further reflection - it is all relevant!

    Encore!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this it is brilliant, so true and really made me laugh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so brilliant. I will get my kids to learn it by heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes: bad day? Better than the I'm the Mom song though, and easier to hum!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin